SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
captsmethwick

Convection MW vs Speed Oven: Help!

captsmethwick
13 years ago

I know that some of this has been covered before and I have found other threads here (on this subject and others) to be quite helpful. This is my first post here on GW so please forgive me any missteps...

We recently reno'ed our house (a complete gut) and went with all new appliances in our new kitchen: Wolf 36" DF range, Electrolux CD fridge, Electrolux fridge drawer unit, & Miele DW. We found those to be relatively easy decisions compared to this one...

We have an old toaster oven and a MW that we'd like to kick to the curb and our original thinking was to go with a built in convection MW but we were talking recently with our appliance guy about the Miele speed oven. While we find the Miele to be too pricey (and perhaps not MW-y enough) for our needs, that chat got us thinking about a further advantage of a speed oven: bypassing the long pre-heat time required for the Wolf's oven when we're roasting or baking something smallish. Unfortunately, our kitchen is too small for two ovens AND a built-in MW. Since our our teens rely heavily on the MW, that's a must - at least for now. Serious baking in this unit is definitely NOT a priority and switching the voltage in our MW tower to 240v isn't a problem.

So...

We've concluded that we're in the territory of a shortlist that includes the GE Monogram Advantium ZSC2202NSS, the Electrolux Icon High Speed oven (E30SO75ESS), or perhaps we should just go with our original plan and opt for a convection MW. We can get really good deals on these so price isn't an issue among these models.

Any thoughts on our options would be most welcome.

Glad to finally be aboard GardenWeb!

Comments (15)