SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackster19

Thermador, Blue Star or Capital Gas 30" range

JACKSTER19
9 years ago

Hi - so many great blogs on the different types of ranges. Which actually is making my decision even harder. So all the advise and help is greatly appreciated.

I went yesterday thinking..American Range - but now I am leaning towards Blue Star RNB304BV1 - the sales person at Paul's Appliances (great place in Newark NJ) - said out of all the brands he recommended the Blue Star. But walking around I saw the Thermador PRG304GH Pro Range which i had not even thought of as part of my selection process. - I liked the look and it had preheat button, light, oven setting, etc. I knew none of the brands/models i was looking at had any of those features - how important are they? or is it just extra knobs on the oven? The oven is smaller on the Thermador but in saying that - my oven in NYC apartment is small and I cook for 10-15 people on holidays so anything is going to be BIG at this point. I believe BTU is less than BS and Capital also. Has anyone had problems with heat/searing/broil with the Thermordor? Per sales person he preferred Thermador over Wolf or Viking (I was not thinking of any of these brands until this one Thermador was pointed out to me) -

for my first choices going into the store BS, Capital and American - Sales person -said out of the 3 he liked BS best -
here are the ones he suggested
Blue Star RNB304BV1
Capital MCR305

I like the BS - size/looks -
I like the Capital because I can get 5 burners.

any advise and feedback on any of these models is greatly appreciated. or if another brand/model you can think of that I should look at - please let me know - thanks so so much for any help/direction/advise

Comments (2)