SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
columbiascgw

Will small homes be the next trend?

columbiasc
13 years ago

I just ran across a commentary on Yahoo Finance about the shriniking middle class. I'll post the link below. You would think that the current employment/income trend would spark a resurgence in truely smaller homes, not simply "downsizing" from 3,200sf to 2,800sf but much smaller "right sized" houses that people can actually pay off in full without inheritence or exceptional windfall. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but DUH, smaller power bills, lower taxes, lower insurance, fewer furnishings, actually seeing the family members living under the same roof as you without seeking out a different wing of the house, and on and on.

It seems like a no-brainer but at the same time, it seems like society is in mass denial thinking things will magically return to "normal". Like all we need is for "the market" to get it's confidence back or for the latest round of government interference to take hold or some other intangible realization to be reported and presto, WE'RE BA-ACK!

I for one would find hope and confidence in seeing the masses waking up and making real changes in their personal lives, moving in a more grounded and realistically sustainable direction. Anyway, here's the link....

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: Shrinking class

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington