SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Maybe a separate dining room would be fun :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I'm rethinking my idea of a kitchen/dining area in one big space. Not too long ago, I found out that it might be better to keep the dining room (in the farmhouse) as a separate space, for a variety of reasons. So, I started to think about having a separate dining room...and what would that be like?

I haven't had a 'formal' dining room, in years! Not since I was renting a house...and being on a farm, I wasn't sure if we'd even use it. Then I realized...it could be a tea room/dining room...and then all kinds of possibilities were running through my mind. What if I had all my cool tea dishes, pots, cups, saucers, etc...not to mention little dessert plates and fancy containers filled with tea...in the dining room? That would be so much fun and give me a great place to put this stuff! I was going to put it in the sunroom, but this would be much better :)

Then I started thinking...what if we hosting dinners more often? I mean, I like to cook and the excuse that we live too far away, only really works when it's snowing. So, maybe it would give me a good reason to try out some new recipes and have some fun. Suddenly, this started sounding like a really good idea!

So, maybe a separate dining room is not a room I wouldn't use, but might be a room I would use a lot, for all kinds of things. And, being a messy cook, the more I think about this, the better it sounds (LOL)

Do you have a separate dining room? Do you use it? Do you wish you had a larger space...or do you have a flexible space you use for family/holiday dinners? I thought it might be a fun topic and give us all some good ideas :)

Comments (13)