SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Pot filler problem--need ideas for remedy--

loves2read
10 years ago

We bought 4 or 5 yr old house about 5 yrs ago.
The kitchen is great--open layout w/two islands in addition to back wall w/cooktop counter run, huge walk-in pantry, lots of bottom storage w/drawers vs shelving, prep sink in one island and double sink in other--but there is a pot filler over the gas cooktop that is a problem.

When we first moved in and I tried to use it to fill a pot for pasta, the water was very cloudy...so I dumped it and ran another..cloudy still...
I probably ran 4 pots of water and got cloudy--sediment type stuff.
I don't know if the original owners ever used it--
Over the years I have tried to clear the line and run water through it but it is just a hassle to dump the pots even if the prep sink is on island next to counter.

Is there any type of hose fitting I can put on end of the faucet on pot filler and run into the prep sink to just flush the line--even if it had to run for 30 min or more???

I don't think normal fitting will work because the pot filler spout is SS and sticks out from the handle part maybe 3/8 or 1/2 inch--not much purchase to attach a hose fitting...no grooving to screw on and the SS finish is slick--
I am afraid if I try to jury rig something the water pressure will cause it to come lose and I will have water all over my cooktop and elsewhere...

Any suggestions?
Anyone have similar problem?

Comments (4)