SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lithigin

How to receive cabinets and where to put them?

lithigin
13 years ago

This feels like a ridiculous question, especially since we did a kitchen reno in 2005! But I can't remember what we did then, and this kitchen is bigger and $$$er. Anyway, DH received the fridge and range and did not have the delivery guys open the box to inspect them for delivery damage; the 48 hour window for reporting such damage has passed. I opened the DW yesterday and it is undented and looks good, so yay for that.

Cabs arrive tomorrow (Thurs) and demo starts Monday, with cabs expected to go in on Wednesday or so. Do I have them delivered to my garage and fully uncrated/boxed so I can evaluate everything? I'm thinking that the bottoms of the uppers will be scratched if I do that. Keep them on a cardboard carpet? If we get the furniture out of the LR and move the dining table into the LR, we could probably have them put in the DR (what we did last time), which would be more convenient for the contractor, I guess. I feel like there is more chance of damage if they are put in the garage and unboxed tomorrow, then have to be taken through 3 doorways into the kitchen unboxed in a week. Regardless, the corner and sink base will have to be rolled around the side of the garage on the grass and brought through the wider patio door.

Anyway, thanks for any procedural tips, like "make sure to check XX for notoriously common damage" or whatever!

Comments (4)