SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcw1947

Small Spaces

lcw1947
16 years ago

I live in a very small apartment in a Seniors Complex. Also a very small complex. There are twelve apartments in a little village in the Adirondacks. The kitchen is just a walk in with everything you need to cook although tiny, I find it is actually plenty for one person.

The front room I guess is actually a great room. It serves as dining and living area. The bathroom is off the bedroom. I share a small foyer with an older gent. For most of my life, I've enjoyed having a dining room and always would visit with company or my late husband. Eat, play games, paint or even play the guitar at the table. It was the center of activity or home life for us

Now I live alone with cats. I've set the main room up as a dining room and have a side chair to watch tv or to read. It's actually very pretty even though the apartment is old and kind of shabby, I've made it very comfortable and a pleasure to be in.

Would you care to share how your place is set up? Is it tiny? or large? I have a make shift side board using two bed side tables with a boot box in between. I beaded one larger mirror and two smaller mirrors to hang over them. At the family dollar store I bought two skinny and tall lamps to sit on them, Each lamp has only a seven watt bulb to use as an accent light.

Inadvertently, I went out and left those two lights on. It was so beautiful to see when I came home later that evening. It just made me feel so welcome.

Please share your feelings about your home and what you've done to it to make it yours.

Linda

Comments (5)

Sponsored