SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

I'm Finally Getting There! (Pics)

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

Back in April I posted about the problems I was having finding a big enough dining room set. And then, in May, I found it . . . a beautiful mahogany set from a local consignment shop along with antique mahogany chests of drawers. We've been enjoying the new pieces ever since.

Meanwhile, I've been searching everywhere for some bright accent pieces and new dinnerware for the room. Although we have a great set of antique china that I inherited, our everyday dishes were pretty chipped and I couldn't serve more than 5 people with them. But, I was waiting for inspiration to hit . . . and it FINALLY did!

Forgive me for forgetting who, but someone here suggested that I should use some Talavara pieces in my home and the lights went on! Many thanks for the idea, BTW! Well, one thing led to another and I not only found my new set of everyday dishes (on sale at Macy's), but bought a long Talavara planter to use as a centerpiece on my 9 1/2 foot table. I've filled it with ~ yes, the much maligned silk ;^P ~ sunflowers and ivy. I ordered the hand-loomed runner from an internet site that promotes weavings from the women in a small village in Mexico. It arrived last week and I love how the yellow brightens up the room.

Anyhoo, I wanted to thank you all again for your help and encouragement with my dining room makeover. It's still a work in progress, but I'm excited to show you pics of how it's progressing.

Lynn

BEFORE DINING ROOM:

{{!gwi}}

AFTER BUT STILL A BIT DULL:

NEW TABLE CENTERPIECE:

NEW DISHES:

Comments (23)