SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
louislinus

Wah! My favorite house is for sale.

louislinus
9 years ago

I just need to whine for a minute. We just moved 7 weeks ago. I like our house a lot and it checked off everything on our list. But it was more expensive than we were planning (not by much but still some), and it needs updated. It is a very solid all brick home, the owners were fastidious and the house is immaculately maintained. However, the finishes and such are outdated pretty much all throughout the house. We have already painted the entire interior and have plans to do simple inexpensive upgrades to make it pretty.

Anyway, the house across the street I have loved for years. It is so darling. And it just went on the market this morning. omg. It is smaller than our house by about 700 sf but it has the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and finished basement that we wanted. And it has a great wooded lot and is cheaper than our new house by quite a bit. Our new house has an attached buildable lot that we have an option on to buy in 2 years. The house across the street is cheaper by far when you include the fact that we have to buy this additional lot. We don't *have* to buy the lot but we will because we don't want someone building on it.

CRAP! I need to remind myself of all the things I loved about out new house when we picked it.

Comments (20)