SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie3

Getting so FRUSTRATED!

Jean Farrell
15 years ago

I swore I would be very Zen about it. That I'd accept that these projects always take longer than they say, and that the delays and complications are inevitable. I didn't have very specific target dates in my mind, but assumed I'd have a kitchen for the summer. Ha!

I'm losing my patience. In the entire month of May, all that has been done has been to install a radiant floor heating system, and some spackling. I think workers have been to my house an average of twice a week this month. And never for a full day, a few hours at most. Trim work is supposed to start next. It was supposed to be finished this week, but they didn't even start. No one has been here the entire week.

We have talked and complained to the GC and our KD, who has been acting as the project manager, and they have apologized, but claimed that the guys who are supposed to do the trim work are still on another job, and they underestimated the time that job would take. That they didn't know how long it would take to install the radiant heating, so they didn't schedule anything else that week, that nothing else can be done until the trim work is done.

This is not my first remodel. We renovated our NYC apt., kitchen and two bathrooms, right before we got married, nearly ten years ago. Back then I naively believed the GC when he told me when the work would be done, and planned to move into the apt. on that basis. Well, the day before we were moving in, we discovered there were no TOILETS, the one essential.

I thought I learned my lesson, so I had no expectations. But I think we were too laid back, until now. We didn't complain about the schedule, we just "let it be."

I want to see my new kitchen!!!!! Aargh!

Vent done.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida