SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruhbehka_re_reformed

Most Outrageous Money Saving Ideas, again

Ok, thought it would be good to start this thread up again. It can be something you do, or something you've heard done.

Here's two that I (admittedly) do:

Everything in my house is unplugged except the fridge and stove. Yup. Everything. Every time I use the TV (rarely), toaster, alarm clock... I plug it in, use it, and unplug it when I'm gone. (My electric bill is only $9 a month or so though, and $4 of that is a required charge.) Actually we went without electricity for two months to save money, once. Hehe.

On the very rare occassion when we eat out, we always eat off the dollar menu at a fast food place. Well usually it's Burger King, and I order only a cup of chili ($1). Then I ask for a hot water cup, fill it half way with hot water (the kind they provide for tea), and dump the chili in. It doesn't change the flavor at all, and I get enough broth and chili to make a full meal for me. I guess some people might think it's unethical, but you're allowed to use their cups and water and bring your own tea bags, so I don't think it is. If someone can think of why it would be, I'd like to hear it though :)

Comments (120)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County