SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
penny_gw

Rubber Stamp care

Penny
24 years ago

Hello Ladies,
Well I wrote to a few rubber stamp stores and got back the following information on storing your rubber stamps. (Yeah I know you guys thought I came up with all this info on my own, well hate to be the one to destroy my own image, but if I REALLY want to know the answer to a special question, I ask a pro if possible. LOL, yeah I know that cheating! LOL) If possible store your rubber stamps, rubber side down, with nothing else on top of them, in preferably a dark, protected location. (I keep mine in a fising tackle box.) It seems light affects the rubber pretty bad. Clean your stamp AS SOON AS YOUR ARE DONE WITH IT, this was the #1 tip, that I was given to prolong stamp life. Use as mild of a cleaner as possible. Several suggestions were a window type cleaner without amononia (sp). I think one of them said Glass plus worked really well. Never spray the cleaner directly on the stamp, spray onto a paper towel, then stamp the stamp back and forth going from wet to dry towels until clean. Do not use products that have oil in them, it destroys the rubber after a period of repeated use. (I am not sure how this exactly works because I know for a fact that most pigment inks have some form of oils in them, mostly soy oil, perhaps that is why they say clean them ASAP. Store your pigment ink pads upside down. ( I don't think you should do this with one of those kiddie pads, the ink is too thin and will make a mess.) If anyone has any more info please feel free to add it, and of course if you have heard something different than I have been told, please add that also. Penny

Comments (2)

Sponsored