SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barb5_gw

Am I making yet another mistake??

13 years ago

This is our TV room and the room, other than the kitchen, where we spend most of our time. It is small, 10ft x 15 ft. For the time being we need to be able to sit 3 people.

Up to now I have decorated in a traditional style which we have liked.The room adjoining this room thru a large open doorway has 2 wingback chairs, traditional sofa, and an antique desk in it.

Several years ago, I had serious back problems and we got a wall hugger loveseat recliner which was absolutely wonderful. I could watch TV and movies, and even eat my meals reclined, which was very comfortable.

The recliner bit the dust, and the old loveseat moved back. It is now disintegrating (one of our dogs has discovered he loves the taste of foam!) and it needs to be replaced.

I want something where I can at least put my feet up, but all I can find in loveseat recliners are these puffy looking things that come in limited fabric choices. I don't want leather.

And then I found a double chaise......love it! I am envisioning it in a deep soft material with a kilim patterned bolster. I have measured and it fits. It is actually 10 inches less wide than the loveseat that is there now, and the length would come out about 8 inches farther in than the interior side of the rug border.

So what is stopping me? 1. the style. The feet are modern. I'm scared it is going to stick out like a sore thumb. 2. the approach from the window side. It will be a squeeze. 3. it is a chaise and not a recliner so I will be still sitting up and not reclining back. Perhaps that isn't as comfortable for my back as a recliner.

If you think this is a mistake, please tell me now.

The room. The double chaise would be where the loveseat is now. Forgive the towel, my kitties do a job on that leather chair.

{{!gwi}}

The other side of the room. The door goes into the kitchen. The ladder thing on the left of photo is for our cats.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The Chaise!!!

Comments (20)