SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Looking for outdoor console or buffet type piece

Sueb20
15 years ago

We have a table and chairs on our deck, but nothing else to set, for example, a pitcher of drinks and glasses, or a platter of food. Looking for something reasonably priced but that will hole up to the elements (we're close to the ocean and it's very windy here sometimes). Any suggestions? Our table and chairs are a dark bronze color metal. We also have some dark brown all-weather wicker pieces on the same deck.

Comments (3)

• annzgw
    15 years ago

If you want to make something, you could do what DS did. She took 2 tall, footed urns and placed an antique door on top. If you use the resin planters, you could add rocks to weight them down. A narrow width door may be needed for what you want, and if the surface is too uneven (panels, shutters, etc)a sheet of glass could be used on top of the door.

To keep the door from blowing off, you could glue it to the planters.

• mclarke
    15 years ago

I took four antique balcony balusters that my son found on a hike, and made a little table. I made the top by cutting a square piece of plywood, and then wrapping it with a sheet of copper. I love the way the copper is weathering.

PS. The tea-lights are citronella.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!