SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saltnpeppa

Ikea....1st time to go

saltnpeppa
13 years ago

I keep hearing so much about Ikea from this site over the years and I am so excited I get to make my first trip. I have a feeling I'll be overwhelmed. Wear tennis shoes?

Any pointers? I'd like to look items for my DS's room (10). And considering these chairs for my hearth room. Opinions? They are so reasonably priced - I couldn't even get my current chairs upholstered for that price - much less have the frames strengthened.

These chairs are much smaller than the current chairs (which are ancient & creak & moan and groan when you get up out of them)

I would also like to look for some sconces for each side of the fp with that dreadful tv over it. I want to have pocket doors made for over the mantle & 2 sconces on each side since it can be a dark corner at night. Can I buy a sconce that has a plug and have it switched by an electrician to be hardwired?

Smiles:)

Oh....and anywhere else I should hit in the Atlanta area? Scotts antique market is not open this weekend:( Was thinking RH and Ballards outlet & I want to go drool at Phoebe Howard ( and wonder why I didn't marry for money!!) Probably hit antique shops in Peachtree? A girl can dream can't she.......

Comments (19)