SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jean_popowitz

help! need light over kitchen sink, island, dr, etc.

Jean Popowitz
13 years ago

After spending much of my life on this forum two years ago when I reno'd the kitchen in my current house, we decided to purchase a nearly-finished, new construction home in our neighborhood and I'm having a really hard time choosing lighting fixtures. We live in an historic area where most of the homes are arts & crafts style & nearly 100 years old. A rare large lot was subdivided and this home was built (on spec) to match the character of the surrounding homes. We just decided to buy it and will close in one month. I've been on a mad dash to the stone yard, tile store, knob store & all went smoothly but I'm really stuck on lighting. I think I'm looking for contemporary arts & crafts in ORB to match door hardware & kitchen faucet, but I'm having a hard time finding anything graceful and really think the open space over the sink is an opportunity for something pretty. Anyone have suggestions/pics/inspiration for me?

kitchen--wired for one pendant over the sink, two over the island and a hanging chandelier (area not shown over the breakfast table)

view from foyer thru DR into kitchen--do lights all need to relate?

Comment (1)