SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
penny_gw

trade or swap

Penny
24 years ago

Anyone else interested in trading or swapping items that you don't have a use for? I have bought a lot of supplies or books just for a few pages (bike) and have no use for some of the other pages since no one in our family has for example played soccer. Thank Penny

Comments (21)

• Carla
    24 years ago

How would we do that without it costing us a fortune in shipping?

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

Carla,
    I guess we would first have to see if we have some paper/stickers or die cuts that the other one needs. I have for example soccer, basketball, and a few other items that I don't have any pictures to go with them, but they came in books that I needed just a few sheets out of, so let's say you have a soccer player, but don't have a use for football paper or stickers. Then we could each mail the other a equal amount of the extra items. It is just a thought, but I hate to see some of the paper I have just sitting here without a use for it. As for the mailing expenses, I have to drive 40+ miles for a scrapbook store that has a good selection. There is a TINY one in town here but it is only 12 x 12 and half of that space is taken up by a collector doll section, so they just don't have a lot to offer me that I don't already have, and I would spend easy more in gas money trying to go to a different town than I would in mailing expenses. Penny

• Mar Ontario Canada
    24 years ago

I think this is a terrific idea! I have participated in several sticker swaps, and its been great! What about if we post the things we are interested in swapping and the things that we are looking for? Maybe that way, it would be easier to hook up with someone who is looking for what we have.
    ~Mar~

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

Sounds good to me. I have for example approx. 50 different sheets of patterned paper that I bought in packs of 25 of the same pattern in the 8 1/2 x 11 size. These packs were mainly to be used with a computer printer and stated acid free. I really liked the design, and I had thought at the time that there would eventually be a club in the area and I could easy swap the ones I didn't want or need there. However, I still have not been able to find anyone locally to swap with. I have enough of them to make up maybe 8-10 packs of 50 sheets, each of the 50 sheets having a different pattern on each page. I am not interested in money, but I am interested in getting 50 new sheets from someone else, that perhaps in my area they are not even selling. I have a bunch of stickers that I would like to do the same thing with. If anyone is interested in doing something like this please drop me an email and I will send you the 50 sheets first and then you can look at them and if dissatisfied then you can mail them back to me, if however you like them then you can send me back 50 sheets of one pattern each sheet, with no duplicates and we each will be have 50 new sheets that only cost us the price of mailing since we already had the paper or stickers anyway. I would also be interested in making up a kit for someone for example who posts that they have a basketball fan and need stickers, die cuts and a basketball paper for one basketball page. They could in turn send me a bike page kit, or whatever pages I am needing at the time. I think it would be great to get a kit in the mail with different designs and stickers than you already have, without having the hassles of trying to go store to store to get them. We could always title the post with :example -Wanted Wedding page kits- then the specifics- Please include in each kit- 1- 8 x 11 or 12 x 12 (depending on your needs) patterned paper, 2 die cuts, 1 sheet of stickers. In return you would make up a kit for each person who sent you o

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

Sorry I ran out of room! You would in turn make up a kit for person who sent you a kit with whatever they are needing at the time, sending back the same amount they sent you; 1 patterned page, 2 die cuts and one page of stickers. The only problem I can see is the lack of 12 x 12 mailing envelopes. We might have to stick to 8 1/2 x 11 till we figure out how to mail the bigger sheets. If someone has a 12 x 12 album, they could always mount the 8 x 11 page on to a solid 12 x 12 page to make it fit. I have never done this before so if anyone has any suggestions or comments PLEASE feel free to add them. If we do this I would like it to work as smooth as possible with out problems. Penny

• Bonny
    24 years ago

I live in a town where the local school resource center has over 450 dies to make die cuts. You just take your own paper in and cut what you want. For the next 6 weeks I'm tied up with a substitute teaching job (I came out of retirement), but after that I possibly could go there once a week and make cuts for those who sent me paper and then when you got them back you could send me something - stickers, paper or whatever you're not using. Anyone interested?

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

Bonny,
    Hey sounds great to me! You could send me a wish or need list and I could go through my stuff and see what all I could supply you with, or I could send two sheets of paper the first time and you could keep one for yourself. We could also go with stickers, whatever you need at the time. Penny Here is another great tip, I live next to a Dollar Tree store and often they have pattern edge scissors for a dollar a pair, yes they are not as good as the $7-8 dollar a pair ones but unless you are going to use them heavily like in a class every week, then they work just fine. They also have ruler, stencils, and sometimes even acid free pens if you catch them in stock. Penny

• Carla
    24 years ago

I nominate Penny to organize and run the official thathomesite scrapbook forum swap! Just tell us what and how you want us to do this. Maybe we could start two threads: "Offering" and "Wanted" or something like that. They could be our permanent swap threads. Maybe we should start new threads every month or so. . .What do you think?

• Carla
    24 years ago

Here's what I can trade:
    template--baby bootie, teddy bear, rattle, heart, rocking horse on sheet of plastic, not three-hole punched

template--oval, baby bottle, rubber duckie, large heart, block on sheet of plastic, not three-hole punched

template--balloon, square with rounded corners, heart, musical note on sheet of plastic, not three-hole punched

template--bell, hand, house with chimney, mini-van or school bus on plastic sheet, not three-hole punched

9 sheets of 8-1/2x11 patterned paper--mexican motif, 2 jungle animals theme, 3 sheets with seasons quilt-block border (spring, fall, winter), antique toy trains, collage of variety of balls (football, soccer, baseball, tennis, golf),and snowmobile

4 sheets half-size paper--mexican motif, 3 cowboy motifs

small punch--bow

Stickopotamus stickers--(unopened, small sheets) barnyard animals; art supplies (brushes, palettes, tubes of paint, etc)

miscellaneous stickers--1 small sheet Timeless Treasures stickers of Happy New Millenium sayings; 1 large sheet of school-themed stickers; 1 large sheet baby stickers (mostly pale yellow in color--things like rattles, bottles, pacifiers, etc).

heavy, plain cardstock--21 sheets in spectrum of earthy, mossy green colors (very pretty, but doesn't suit my usual style. . .)

What can you trade me? I am looking for 8-1/2x11 paper with go-carts or racing themes, and 8-1/2x11 paper with a European vacation theme, particularly London (Union Jacks would be greatly appreciated!) I am also seeking a corner slot punch, England-themed travel stickers, and journal genies.

• Mar Ontario Canada
    24 years ago

Hi gals...heres what I have to trade:
    2 pairs of CM Arabesque scissors
    2 pairs of CM Alpine scissors
    CM black calligraphy pens
    CM tape runners with dispensers

card stock in pinks, purples, mauves and fucshia(sp)

1 large sheet of Frances Myer stickers called "Europe" it has the word "Europe" "looks like its done to look like a map pattern), a car, a loaf of french bread, the Eiffel(sp) Tower, a cafe, a passport, a bowl of spaghetti, wine bottle and grapes, and money

CM American flag stickers
    ~1 strip of Frances Meyer "Look who's Fifty" stickers
    ~Mrs. Grossman large sheet camping stickers
    ~Frances Meyer 1 strip of "Firecrackers"
    ~2 different strips of Frances Meyer travel stickers (these look "real" there is a suitcase with travel stickers all over it, a globe, money, a passport. The other one has a roll of film, a luggage tag, passport, and tickets
    ~6 strips of CM stickers from the "The Travel Pack"
    ~Frances Meyer football and basketball stickers
    ~Mrs. Grossman graduation hat and diploma stickers (have LOTS)
    ~Mrs. Grossman top hat, bow tie and red rose (have lots)
    ~Mrs. Grossman small santa (have LOTS)
    ~CM candycanes (HAVE LOTS)

Diecuts: (These are all CM)
    baby bib
    camera
    corn cobs
    cross
    cupid
    duck
    football helmets
    footballs
    graduation hats
    hammers
    megaphones
    music notes
    octopus
    paw prints
    shamrock
    saw
    team pennants
    trophy
    turkey
    wedding bells
    airplane
    baby carriage
    ballerina
    birthday cake
    church
    cathedral window
    cowboy boot
    cowboy hat
    firetruck
    old fashioned tub
    palm tree
    baby rattle
    skier
    stork
    umbrella
    tennis racket
    wedding cake

two sheets of St. Patricks Day paper
    two sheets 12x12 of CM paper from the travel pack..looks like a page out of a road map...cool paper but its American!!!

I am looking for:
    Oak leaf punch
    maple leaf punch
    star punch
    heart punch
    strawberry punch
    ANY stickers that have bugs, frogs, snakes, or boyish animal themes.
    stencils with a boyish, or Christmas theme
    ~any papers with frogs, bugs or snakes

If anyone is interested in a trade...let me know!!!
    ~Mar~
    P.S. I don't like Sandy Lion stickers or "sparkly" stickers

• Mar Ontario Canada
    24 years ago

Hey Carla!!
    I am interested in:
    bow punch
    Stickopotamus barnyard animals
    earthy toned card stock
    Anything of mine you'd be interested in?
    "CARLA!!!!!!!....come on doooooooowwwwwnnnnn!!! YOU'RE THE NEXT CONTESTANT ONNNNNNNNN....LETS MAKE A DEAL!!!!!" LOL

~Mar~

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

Okay ladies, after looking at my supplies, and your lists, I think I have come up with a better, less confusing idea. Since we each have so many different items to trade, and it's so hard to tell by the descriptions what we would really like to have, how about doing this swap in a "round robin" type trade? This is where I for example fill a box with my want to trade items, I then ship it to the next person closest to me by state on our list, then they pick out what they want, and add their trade items to the box, making sure to add as much as they take, and then send it to the next person on our list, until it finally gets back to me, and hopefully most of my items that I started the box with are gone, and I get what ever is left, since I didn't get to pick my items. How does this sound to everyone? I have went through my things and found over 100 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 patterned paper (all different), over 100 sheets of stickers, very few doubles, except for some that I thought were so cute ( all different kinds and makers) 5 pair of scissors (not expensive ones), some rubber stamps, lots of different kinds of templates, all different sizes, and kinds, and more stuff, etc... If we decide to do this swap in this fashion please see part two to this post. Penny

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

I am glad that everyone is having fun with this swap/trade, and let's remember that's why we started this, is to have fun, and help each other. I have seen several trades/exchanges on some of the other forums, where this person or that one feels like they were cheated, and so they in turn quit the forum, or worse start bad mouthing the other members. I would really hate to see that happen here, since I enjoy chatting with all of you. I would be willing to give twice as much, not to have to deal with this type of a problem, so please try and be fair, and enjoy yourself. If someone should take more than they give, then please just let it go, and I will make up the difference to whom ever feels slighted, to the best of my ability. I, for example do not have a lot of CM items to trade, only because I have never been to a CM crop. The only CM items I have are some I traded for with a friend, who used to be a dealer, so if someone is really interested in getting only CM items, then we could try and arrange it so the trade box got to them once it had a chance to get some of those items in it. I hope this works out and everyone is happy with what they trade for, regardless of how we do the trade. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, speak up. Penny

• Mar Ontario Canada
    24 years ago

Hi Penny!
    I have been in a couple of Round Robins in the past and they were a disaster for me!! If its okay with you, I think I will just see if there is someone here who would just like to trade one on one. I find that doing it this way, you are a little more sure of what exactly you are trading.
    Hope this is okay with you!!
    ~Mar~

• Carla
    24 years ago

I'd rather swap specific stuff, too. We can always communicate one-on-one via email after viewing someone's offerings on the thread.

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

Hey Ladies, that is fine with me. I am not fussy. I will look again and try and narrow down my list of trades and see what I can do. In the mean time trade you little hearts out with each other. :) Penny

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

Don't give up on me ladies I am in the process of trading with another member right now, but I promise I will get back to you. Penny

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

I have made up a couple of sets of pre-printed acid free paper packs, that contain 50 sheets, 1 each of a different design, of 8 1/2 x 11 size, with no duplicate patterns. I would like to trade preferable paper for paper, but I would consider other offers. Please be advised that these paper packs DO NOT include any CM paper. ( There is not a CM consultant in our area, and I find it is too expensive for my budget.) Mostly these are sheets that came in packs for printer use, but have lovely patterns. They include names such as Hallmark, etc.. I bought packs of them in hopes of trading locally, but the art of scrapbook making has yet to catch on here in my TINY town, and I do not need as many as I have of the same design. If anyone is interested please let me know. I also have some approx 3" x 5" iron on's that make great titles and accents for pages. You just iron it on a piece of acid free paper and then attatch them to your page. I have no idea as to the acid content of these iron on's but since you would not be ironing them on to your picture it's self, then they should be safe to use. I know they are really cute. There is approx. 15-20 different designs. For example: A pair of muscled up arms, and underneath the drawn arms are the words JOCK, then there are things that say: Fisherman are happy hookers, and it shows a guy in a boat. If anyone has something they would like to trade for a set of these let me know also. I have more items including stickers with names on them. Sample : Josh, Suzanne, etc. Most of the more common names however are already gone. Penny

• angie
    24 years ago

All this swaping talk sounds fun! Since some probably feel uncomfortable with the ROUND ROBIN (is that right?) we could do monthly swaps with themes. March is here and we could all hurry and do a St.Patricks day Theme. Green papers, stickers, etc.. Or we could take ideas/votes on a theme. "Sports" , "camping", etc...You only sign up for the swaps you want to be included in. I would be willing to organize it. Basically I would post the "Theme of the swap" for that month. We could make it a $5.00 or $10.00 value. Anyone interested email me there name and mailing address. We can set a date when everyone has to be signed up by. Then the following day, I could email eveyone with their partners name and address.
    Let me know what you think. I have done swaps like this before, though not scrapbooking. And it's just a one on one swap. I have always received a package in return. Hope to hear from someone on this???

• Bonny
    24 years ago

Just ran across this article on swap etiquette.

http://southernsplash.com/rockester/mar_2000.html

• Penny
    Original Author
    24 years ago

Dear Bonny,
    Great article, I think it had some great ideas, and explained swaps perfectly.
    Angie,
    Great idea, you can count me in already, with my only concern being I DO NOT have any CM items to trade at this point so please leave me out of any swaps that are trading only those items. Penny

Sponsored