SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carla_gw

Creating Keepsakes March 2000

Carla
24 years ago

TINTING B&W PHOTOS--There is an article on page 25 about hand-tinting black and white photos using Spot Pens. I have wanted to try this for some time, but the starter kit is a bit pricey. Have any of you tried this product?

$5 OFF COUPON--On page 34 there is a $5-off-any-scrapbooking -products coupon good at Arvey Paper and Office Products or Xpedx Paper Store.

GREAT LAYOUTS--"Front Yard Campfire," page 66; "Graduate Student Living," page 74; "Grand Chenier," page 119.

2000 READERS' CHOICE AWARDS--pp.83-92--I hate the layout on these pages. the black background and fuzzy edges on the product photos made it hard to see the products! The green backgrounds and gold typeface looked terrible together. I am amazed that a magazine of this type made such poor choices! Does anyone agree? That being said, have any of you tried Un-du? And were there any products you really love or hotly contest?

A WASTE OF SEVEN PAGES OF AN EXPENSIVE MAGAZINE--"The ABC's of Scrapbooking," pages 99-105. Did any of you get anything out of that? It seems to me that people who haven't figured these techniques out already, probably wouldn't be the ones reading the magazine.

MULBERRY PAPER--pp. 106-108--I am intrigued. Have any of you ever used mulberry paper?

MUST READ--"The Magic of Everyday," pp. 111-113. This article once again urges us to make pages of fleeting moments, tell the little stories of the day to day. For example, a page is featured that documents a comment the author's grandson made about his finding a spider "bungy-jumping" off his bicycle. The page is embellished with spider webs with a snapshot of the boy and his bike and the story (p. 111). I so want to improve the quality of storytelling in my own books.

All in all, I don't think this was a great issue of Creating Keepsakes, but there were some interesting things in there. What did you think?

Comments (2)

Sponsored