SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
leah_gw

Would you like to see my online album?

leah
53 years ago

Hello everyone! I was hit with SB fever last summer and it's outta control! LOL! It's the PERFECT hobby for me because it involves several things I *love* -- memories and images of my loved ones, creativity, stationary/paper, etc. I'm kinda a "slow scrapper", with school and work I average a few pages a month. :o\ But below is a link to my work/play for the past few months if you'd like to check it out. You can click on the thumbnails to enlarge the image. Thanks so much!

Leah

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here for a giggle. :o)

Comments (15)

• Mar
    53 years ago

WOW!! I am IMPRESSED!!!! :)
    Those pages are beautiful!
    Are these pages from an album that you have scanned or is this all done on your computer? The reason I ask is I love some of your "die cuts" and fonts. Didn't know if they were ones that you could down load or are on a CD? What a great album!!
    I love the "Leah loves Tom" page...Was that taken in Toronto? ( I couldn't quite make it out) I am about 3 hours south east of Toronto, still on Lake Ontario. How cool to see something here, so close to "home"
    You are doing a great job!
    ~Mar~
    Ontario, Canada

• Bj
    53 years ago

Leah:

You are a very talented scrap book artist. I enjoyed looking at your work! -BJ

• Related Discussions

• leah
    Original Author
    53 years ago

Mar, my family surprised me with a scanner for Christmas/my birthday back in December. :o) So, yeah, these are pages I've done by hand and scanned. My fiance, Thomas (who you see in the album), is originally from Kansas City, MO. I scan my pages to share with his family as well as with my own overseas. But Tommy hasn't seen the album yet. I started it after he left for Japan back in August. BUT, he's finally coming back in TWO WEEKS (to be exact!). It's supposed to be a surprise. Eeeee! :o)

Anyway, most of the lettering is my own or taken from Becky Higgins' book The Creative Art of Lettering(?). I've just recently figured out how to download/unzip fonts from the Net but haven't tried using them yet. Most of the die cuts are my own design as well -- but only because I've got limited access to SB retailers and have to improvise. And I didn't come up with some of them off the top of my head, I had to see a picture first and tried to imitate it or something like that. I'd be glad to give you or anyone more info/specifics on anything you see in my album, don't hesitate to ask! Oh yeah, and that "Leah loves Tom" pic was taken off of Lakeshore. :o)

Thanks for checking things out Mar and BJ! I look forward to seeing other people's work too! :o)

• Mar
    53 years ago

Dear Sweet Darling Leah....(can you tell I am sucking up!?!?) Can you explain to me how you download and unzip things off the net? I am having a terrible time! I always end up with them on my "desk top" and then can't transfer them to my "Embellish" program to resize them. Wanna share how you are doing it?
    (I have a book on Lettering called " The ABC's of Creative Lettering" by Lindsay Ostrom...its a good one too!
    Thanks for any help,
    ~Mar~

• tammy
    53 years ago

Oh Leah, how beautiful! You remind me of my daughter! She has been scrapbooking. Her's are beautiful, also! She inspired me to want to start! I recieved a bunch of stuff for my b-day :) So we were sooo excited to see this new site. I've really ejoyed looking at your pictures. Thanks for sharing! We've only looked at a few, but faved it to see more later! Keep them coming...your very talented! Our prayers are with you and your guy :)

• Karen in NE Mississippi
    53 years ago

Leah, your scrapbook pages are GREAT!!!!

• Lore
    53 years ago

Leah, I LOVE It..! You've got great Style, and captions that bring a smile! :)

Could you tell me what type of album you use?

• leah
    Original Author
    53 years ago

Mar: You funny thing, you! You don't need tactics with lil' ol' me. :o) To download fonts, this is what I do (BTW, I kind of fumbled through it myself so I hope this makes sense). First of all, I went to the winzip homepage and downloaded the free trial version of winzip. Then I visited some font sites. Here are some I recommend: Font Freak and Font Face. But check out ScrapLink because there are more listed there. Anyhoo, you just click on the fonts you like and the downloading part kicks in (which you seem to have the hang of already!). Once that's done, click on your winzip program and it will prompt you through all the steps of "unzipping" the font. Then, it's a matter of "cut and paste". You want to paste it into your font folder (you can find that by going to "start", then "control panel", and "fonts" should be in there). Once I did this, I just went into Word and the font was there, ready to use! I hope that helps a little.

Tammy: What a compliment that I remind you of your daughter in some way! Thank you! *warm fuzzies* I'm still trying to "convert" my mom into a scrappin' freak -- maybe you could talk to her and give her a little push, eh? ;o)

Lore: Actually...*hee hee*...I've had to improvise a lot when it comes to my SB hobby. I'm limited to Michael's as my main SB supplier and although they have some neat stuff, in my opinion their 8.5 x 11 album selection isn't great (they had ONE in different colours and it was too expensive). So, I visited numerous photography/camera places and found an "almost no name" (because I don't even remember the brand) 3-ring photo album to use. It was something like 7 bucks. I just made sure it was archival quality. Reading Week (Canadian version of Spring Break) is coming up soon so I'm actually planning a road trip with the specific mission of crossing the border in search of SB stores! LOL! If you know of any in the Michigan/NY area, let me know! ;o)

Thanks for letting me share with you everyone!

• Mar
    53 years ago

Leah,
    Did you know there is a SB store in Whitby??? I have not been yet, but have a friend who has, and she thought it was great! They have a website, with directions to their store. They have online ordering but don't have all their merchandise on the site yet.
    Check it out!!
    ~Mar~

Here is a link that might be useful: Scrapbook Canada

• leah
    Original Author
    53 years ago

YES! :o) I've been there Mar. It is the *cutest* shop! I've only been there once (my first and only visit to a real SB store!) but am planning to go back real soon (come on Reading Week...come to Leah! LOL!). I was lucky enough to visit Family Preserves when the shop owner was there -- Yvonne is sooo friendly and was very helpful. She has a cool paper selection. The only other SB business I know of in the general area is Once Upon A Memory in Mississauga. Else, the owner, does online ordering as well. Not all of her stuff is on the site as well. Here's the link, just in case. ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Once Upon A Memory in Mississauga

• Jen
    53 years ago

Leah, what a gorgeous album. Makes the one I'm working on now (my first, of a trip we took last year) look pretty rinky-dink! You are very talented.

Must tell you that my dad was a Marine in the Battle of Guadalcanal during WWII. He attends reunions at the Mojave base!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Jen

• Lore
    53 years ago

The three ring photo album sounds Very appealing to me. I think that's the route I'll go till I'm more comfortable with this :)

I especially like how colorful and Alive your pages are! I've just Gotta jump in there and take the plunge. I've done 3 pages, and been at a stand still since the summer.

• shannon
    53 years ago

Leah,

Your album is gorgeous! I started one of my own about 5(has it been THAT long?) years ago when I got married. I only did three pages, but have lots of pictures piling up that I need to add to it. Thanks for the inspiration I needed to get back into it!

• Alice
    53 years ago

Your album is great. Gave me several ideas to do one for each of my daughters.

Thanks for sharing.
    Alice

• Prissy LA
    53 years ago

Leah (also my sister's name), I love your scrapbooking ideas. I've just started mine, right after seeing my sister's at Christmas. What fun. Will 'borrow' some of your ideas. Thx.