SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mar_gw

Had to laugh!!

Mar
24 years ago

Good Morning all!

I know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with SB, but I thought it was funny, and wanted to share.

I was reading the post farther down, talking about SB supplies you could buy on "QVC"..I read that and thought...."QVC"???? What is a "QVC"??

(Felt like a goof asking, but my post was answered and found out its like "our" Home Shopping Network.

I have had this problem many times while talking with Americans...its funny to think that our two countries are so close, yet our "lingo" is sooooo different!

I have only been to the States a handful of times, mostly to New York State to shop. I can remember my first time there. We went into a restaurant and ordered. A part of my order was french fries and "a tea" Great..the fries came, and I asked for vinegar for them. I thought the waitress would die! She said "for what??" I told her to put on my fries...she laughs and says "We don't put in on our food...we clean our floors with it!!" I was thinking that was just as gross as she thought it was to put in on food! LOL

When my tea came, it was an iced tea!!! Hmmmmm...was almost afraid to ask for a hot one! she explained that "tea" is an iced tea...I drank it and shut up! LOL

When I was a teenager I worked at a resort here that had mostly American guests. I had one gentleman ask me for a "soda" I asked what flavour? He told me Coke...poor man almost fainted when I brought out a large glass filled with Icecream covered in Coke!

You guys ask for "candy bars" we ask for Chocolate bars.

Anyway.....my whole point is.....I think we must be totally addicted to this art of SB...no matter where you are from, when someone says "die cut" "card stock" "acid free stickers" we ALL know what they are talking about!

Now..THATS addiction! LOL

Take care ladies!!

~Mar~

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County