SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlatravis

Creating Keepsakes February 2000 issue

Carla Travis
24 years ago

I thought it would be fun to create a thread for each new issue of scrapbooking magazines so we can discuss the articles. What do you think?

I got my Feb. issue of Creating Keepsakes yesterday.

I noticed on page 80 there is a Valentine layout that uses a font called "Girls are Weird," source unknown. Does anyone know where I can download fonts from the internet, and how you then go about using them? I am pretty computer illiterate about these things.

Also, on page 95 a product is featured called a corner slot punch. It looks really neat; I am going to get one of those as soon as I can get to Hobby Lobby!!

Check out the "First Love" layout on page 105. It is fabulous!

The article that made the biggest impression on me was, "Leaving a Legacy," pp. 136-140. I intend to read this article over and over, and ponder my own legacy album. I think that the author, Joanna Campbell Slan, made such a good point when she said, "Seems to me we're doing a great job of saving photos and memorabilia, but we're falling short when it comes to values. . .What I want to leave behind is a sense of who I am, what I've learned and how much I've loved being alive. To do that, I'll have go beyond birthday, holiday and wedding pages."

Well, I could ramble on and on, but let's hear what you guys think!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm