SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_gw

I'm back!- and need help preserving old scrapbook

Sarah
23 years ago

Hey! It's good to be back! I was really active here a while back, but we moved to a new house over the summer so my scrapbooking stuff got packed up. I had my third baby on December 11 so knowing that event was coming I focused on getting ready for fall craft shows and making Christmas gifts. I kept my scrapbooking stuff packed up because I didn't want to spread myself too thin by still collecting ideas and info on something I didn't have time to work on (or torture myself because I'd have yet another thing I'd want to do but not have time for!) So, now that Christmas is over and the baby's starting on a regular schedule I can get back to scrapbooking.

And what a perfect time, too. My grandmother died on December 19 and, among other things, I got her cedar chest. The lock was locked and broken so we couldn't get into it, but we knew there wasn't anything valuable in it. Well, a friend of my husband just got into it last week and, as suspected it was mostly linens and other misc. junk. The only thing of real value was a scrapbook she had been keeping that no one knew about. It's mostly newspaper articles and a few cards and old photos. She was a very modest woman who never tooted her own horn and I am discovering a lot about her that even my dad didn't know about her! Her scrapbook is in pretty bad shape and I'd like to convert it into a new one, picking up where she left off, including several important events like my grandpa's obituary, family pictures, pictures of the houses she lived in, etc., and ending with her memorial service program and obituary.

Well, after all that explanation, I like help with two aspects. First, what are my options for preserving the newpaper clippings and what are the pros and cons of each option? I'm not opposed to making copies of them and using them in the scrapbook, keeping all the originals in a separate pocket at the end or something, but I'd like to look at all the options before I make my decision.

Second, I'd like to start it off with the heritage album look, either b&w or sepia colors, until I get to the more recent color photos and things and would like ideas, suggestions, websites with layouts, etc. Sorry this was so long, but thanks much for any input and I hope to stay around for quite a while! Thanks again!

-Sarah

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES