SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Welting; yes or no? Paint' grey or white?

mtnrdredux_gw
9 years ago

I am having new outdoor cushions made for some wicker pieces from the PO at our beach house. These are for a screened porch at the back of the house (unrelated to the kiwi stuff on the front verandah that I asked about before).

The walls are white, the floor is painted grey, and this is the rug:

I have already selected the fabrics. The grey coral goes on the chairs, and the grey starfish goes on the sofa. I will probably add the much-maligned pop of color with a throw or somesuch (but it has double french doors to my LR which has a lot going on so...).

One of the chairs, shown with new fabric choices:

A circa 1960s sofa (hard to imagine someone paired these cushions with the green, no?)

Two questions:
1. Paint the sofa white or grey or leave as is?
2. My seamstress wants to know if I want welting on any of these peices and if so, what? Id usually say yes, but those sofa cushion are "L"s and I don't know if it would look odd?

TIA!

PS As an aside, I have always been a Dash and Albert fan, incredible value. But I find that their large cotton rugs are just too thin, and end up feeling like a tablecloth on the floor, always wrinkled, can't move furniture over them, etc. Small is ok, runners are ok, but I have a 9x12 I can't really use. Anyway, I bought two indoor outdoor rugs from them and I am really impressed. I was worried I would not like the feel but they are fine, esp for a beachhouse. And, they lay right, unlike the large cotton ones.

Comments (10)