SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlysc2015

Shake shingles and vinyl siding!

kimberlysc
14 years ago

Hello all, I posted this message yesterday but it seems there were problems and the message was deleted. My husband and I are in the process of remodeling a home. Let's forget the word remodel and say we will have a new house. My mother in law passed away last year and we got her house. Hubby has completely gutted the house. The only thing left is floors, studs, and ceiling. The house is empty. We are planning on changing the vinyl siding this year and went to Lowes looking for colors. We like the color Pearl (kind of similar to white) and Clay. We would like to put Clay shake shingles in the gable of the house and possibly putting these shingles at the front porch, the rest of the house would have the Pearl vinyl siding with white trim around windows and burgundy shutters.Right now we have an awning over the front porch. Any opinions on what the shake shingles would look like on front porch being that the color Clay would be darker than the pearl siding? Perhaps too much? We have even been to neighborhoods looking at houses and colors and I have seen plenty shake shingles but they are usually at the top of the house with the vinyl siding. I haven't seen any of the shake at the front porch. Nothing worse than to have something like this done and be mortified that it's not actually the way you thought it would be.

Comment (1)