SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

ole joyful's problem(s) ... plus solution(s)

joyfulguy
17 years ago

Even though it's a slightly decadent habit, I've enjoyed choc. covered almonds for years.

Problem: having had all but three teeth removed, and they all in lower jaw, I can't cope very well with choc. covered almonds.

If I soak 'em long enough to be able to do an even half-way decent job of crackin' 'em with the gums (not too attractive a task) ...

... by that time all of the choc. is long gone.

Oh! Unjoy!

So - when my ex- died upwards of 2 years ago, I fell heir to her blender (actually, it may have been the one we had prior to her departure, 35 years ago).

Choc. covered almonds after processing in the blender turn into a mixture of a lot of particles of choc. and of almond - just right for an (almost) toothless mouth.

However ... when I buy choc. covered almonds in the food store, they're considered "snacks", thus taxable.

When I buy salted peanuts in bulk - snack - taxable.

If I buy unsalted - food - not taxable.

So I buy them, smilingly add salt from shaker: beat the tax people!

Problem: salt slips down through all the peanuts, collects at the bottom of the container.

If I buy a pack of two doughnuts - snack - taxable.

If I buy a dozen in a package - food - not taxable!

Light bulb shines in brain:

If I buy almonds - food - not taxable.

If I buy choc.chips - food - not taxable.

Throw some of each into blender.

Process.

Produce tiny particles of almond. Tiny particles of choc. All mixed together - same as noted above. Mouth is happy. I'm doubly happy: beat the tax people, too.

Hey! bulk peanuts not too great in almost toothless mouth, either, even if unsalted.

Drop some peanuts into blender.

Processs lightly.

Shake in some salt.

Process some more.

Shake in some more salt.

Whooppee!

[Grind 'em a bit too long - you got peanut butter ... which, if you let sit for a couple of days, oil collects at top, as product not homogenized - life do have its problems!)

ole joyful

Comments (6)