SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy__gw

How about some frugal gardening tips?

kathy_
20 years ago

Tis the season for seed starting here! These tips might save you money for next season if not this one.

I buy used metal bread pans to start seeds in. They fit right on the windowsill. If you don't have enough windowsills (and have the windows that are split horizontally get a spring curtain rod and rest the bread pan between top of the frame for the bottom window and the spring curtain rod.

If you need garden tools go to an auction.! I have seen tools bring under $10 and many bring under $5. Today I priced a new hoe at a hardware store - $23.95? Of course the price might be at a peak now but I have never seen a hoe bring $10

Those 10 cent Wally world seeds grow just fine but get there early for the best selection. There are not as many seeds in there but who needs 80 plants anyway? (I must have thought I did when I planted 2 packets of MS coleus). This is going to be my year of the coleus.

Check out the local Dollar stores for potting soil.

Anyone who grows perennials will usually gladly share if asked and you could share yours with them too.

Next?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services