SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
e4849

OMG, Demolition on Monday

e4849
14 years ago

So the project has gone from kitchen, to kitchen, front rooms, and family room in historic Victorian house. My back and joints ache from moving stuff. The animals are very distured by all the men and noise and are wakeing me up at about 4am every morning. As if I was sleeping, worrying about it all.

Today, Saturday!, drywall guys were in front room sanding the custom drywall finish. Meanwhile, I was in kitchen boxing up pantry and other last minute items. Even though they were very good about cleaning, there is still drywall dust on every shutter blade, and I have many shutters. The bedrooms, ministorage, and garage are stuffed full. I'm considering renting on the ministoreage units so I can sleep in it.

Then, the finish carpenter informs me that "Monday will be a huge deal with lots of people, noise, and dust". More dust? More noise? More people? An honest person tells me I will be very lucky if I'm only 3 weeks without a kitchen. The contractor asks me what I really want in the family room:

"What I really want is a hottub with a huge plasma screen TV and a wine cooler" Screw the furniture or granite fireplace. If there is ever a next time, it will be a new house. Yikes.

Comments (4)