SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizlizzie_gw

Can a granite savvy person educate me on color terms?

10 years ago

I need a small granite slab for a brass console sink -- finally redoing the adjacent powder room to the new kitchen. The only color on offer that sounds like a good transition to the kitchen is termed "Santa Cecilia Dark." I have seen a lot of things called Santa Cecilia in my day, and I assume the naming of granite is a slightly subjective process. To me, some SC granite is indistinguishable from Giallo Ornamental. Some is quite butterscotch gold. Some has a lot of brown.

I'm getting a package price from Signature Hardware so it is a really good deal. Their pics look pretty warm, but they are only pics. My budget was blown by the kitchen so I'd like to make this work. So is there a good definition for SC Dark? What do you think it means?

BTW, I'm matching BM Aura paint in Safari which is a rich pale gold -- butterscotch is a good description. Faucet will be satin brass from newport Brass. White wainscoting and plantation shutters. I need warmth in the granite. And a little bling wouldn't go amiss. ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)