SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cottagecindy

which first??- path to door or surrounding edge of grass?

cottagecindy
12 years ago

hi gang, I'm doing a project I have bit off more than can chew. so I need some advice.

the front yard will have bushes 3/4 way around obviously house on last side. the only opening to the yard will be the entrance where the paver path opens to the near bottom on the driveway with arbor over it. 3' depth perimeter all the way around the front yard will be the paver edge to the property line/driveway. the grass area is oval/circle, the path is at a curve from porch stoop to driveway opening.so 2 crescent grass areas shapes/sort of , of different sizes, 1 on each side of walk path.

so here's the question---

do i lay the pavers down first, then the edging border? I'm afraid the pavers once laid will not meet up with where the opening is, i know i will have to trim some pavers. but yes I'm sort of confused.

I had it all laid out (the border and redid the sprinkler system but now my landlord (yes he's suppling but I'm doing cuz I love these projects ! but anyway, he wants me to bury cinderblocks /rebar with concrete into ground then paver edging on top (of course a bit lower than grass line. yes the property has a wee bit of a slope in the last 3' --about a foot difference. the entire front yard is about 25' x 25'.

and of course i have to do it his way. he wants it solid, will not shift etc, and a perfectionist (and a general contractor that could do all this stuff ) but I'm getting a sweet deal out of it, experience, fun, and less rent!:)))

thank god it's raining for the next 7 days, so i have time to ponder. which order is the way to go? oh and i am pavering over the front stoop and along the sides of it also. and last but not least, the entire front yard is torn up and a mess,so i have to work on this as best as I can and quickly. (sorry if typos, i can't find my reading glasses lol!!!

any advice would be so much appreciated!

just curious...how much would it cost to hire someone to do this? in case i flake out...

Comments (4)