SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

Painting the bathroom - ceiling and vanity color?

Tmnca
10 years ago

Here is the bathroom now in all it's functional but boring and ugly glory. I have seen much worse but it hardly makes me happy to look at.

I don't want to spend much money on it right now, but plan to give it at least a little makeover to make it more attractive.

I think I have settled on Revere Pewter as the wall color, it looks great with the flooring and fixtures. However, I am not sure what to do with the ceiling - same color, a shade or 2 lighter, or white? The room is about 10' long and maybe 8' wide with the tub/shower behind the door and the toilet in the alcove.

The framed photos are going, the towel bars will be replaced by hooks I think, and I'm going to frame the mirror. I may change the light fixture if I can find a cheap one that sheds enough light (no windows in here) and I may paint the ugly yellowed cultured marble... until I can replace the vanity and top.

I also plan to paint the vanity which is currently a yellowy cream that clashes with the floor. Probably use the leftover Simply White from my kitchen cabinets, but open to more exciting suggestions. The kitchen is drenched in natural light and I like the Simply White there but it may lok too stark in here. Perhaps not with the stronger wall color though? The floor has purply-pinky undertones that I do not want to pick up, nor clash with.

Towels and new shower curtain are waffle weave white.

{{gwi:1410699}}

{{gwi:1410702}}

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!