SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tetrazzini

english country people: what do you think of this?

tetrazzini
15 years ago

I mentioned in the other English country style thread I started that I'm having a hard time finding furnishings that feel right, so I thought I'd ask for your opinions now and then. Here's my first request.

We just got 2 sofas like this in a kind of oatmeal color and texture, that are arranged with this chair, which has a large floral pattern. It has big pink magnolias with other pale colors against a worn, pale blue green background. So far, so good. That's one group of furniture, arranged near a fireplace. Hopefully there'll be an area rug in the middle.

Across the room in a corner, I want to put two chairs. I bought, but don't like and want to return, two of these chairs in taupe. They're too small for the corner (a little narrow, and short) but mostly the color is too dark. I think I'd like something with faded florals, or with a rose color or small pattern mainly in rose.

I came across this chair, which I think looks comfy, and seems to fit the overall feel.

What do you think?

(I'm afraid to order online again, since I already made the chair mistake once, and I have to pay to return them!) I'm going to see if any Rachel Ashwell stores has it on the floor so I can see it first. Still, you never know if it's going to work until you see it in place.

Comments (14)