SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ardcp

damage to cabinets, is this normal? am i too picky?

ardcp
10 years ago

after a lot of research here and everywhere, i decided to up our original budget so we could go with medallion albeit there silverline level. we felt that with all the good feedback and by seeing it in person that it was a solid cab plus we would be working with a kd. working with hd or lowes seemed like too much of a crapshoot. the kd has been great and her kitchen place did the install. upon opening boxes, 2 cabs has chunks taken out of them, 1 had a flaw in the side veneer(paid more for flush sides) so those were reordered but they continued the install. then when the plumber came to install the temp sink, i realized that our sink has the center stile when i know the kd ordered butt doors. i didn't want to pull that cab out so she is using a drip tray and larger doors to hide the gap taking the stile out will leave. there is another mark on a drawer front and a weird rough spot along the bottom rail where the stain is much lighter. now tonight i noticed a chink of missing wood on the bottom of the upper ez reach cab. it is not noticeable with the door shut but it bugs me that my brand new cabs have a missing piece. furthermore what are these cabinets going to look like in 5 years? 10? i really want to cry! my old builder grade aristocraft cabs were ugly and some shelves were warped or collapsing but that was 15 years of use. i can't imagine getting 15 years out of these.
anyone else have these troubles? am i just too picky and overthinking this?

Comments (30)