SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

New Year / New LOTTO

K8Orlando
12 years ago

It's a new year and a new LOTTO!

Thanks for reading this post! Michelle/Micyrey has had problems with her mail and has agreed to let me take on the monthly LOTTO! I'm very excited to be doing this and look to all of our members for participation and support. I know many of you used to participate and I believe we can get back to that. I pledge to do everything I can to make it fun and easy. All you have to do is send in a block (or 2 or 3) each month.

All we need are 12 blocks each month to make enough for a wallhanging, baby quilt, lap quilt, donation quilt or even a doggy bed! 12 blocks can even be the center of a much larger quilt; just add borders until you get the size you need. I will guarantee to make 3 blocks each month but you all will have to do the rest. If we have a month with more than 24 blocks (don't laugh, it used to happen) then the winner can decide if they want to keep them all or split the pot and share.

This lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it.

Here's the drill:

> each month there will be a designated block or theme

> you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks

> all blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches

> with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks

> all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing

> you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in

> we have a clever way of choosing the winner, with a couple different quilters involved, to keep it fair

January 2012

For January, the block will have sort of a Valentine's Day theme. It can be any 12.5x12.5 block you choose, done in red and white fabrics. Solids, prints, tone on tone, etc are all OK. Heart shapes and heart fabrics would be fun, but they are optional. (Please, no juvenile or novelty prints.) For this month, we want only pieced, paper pieced or hand applique blocks; no machine or fused applique. Please use all cotton fabric, with nicely pressed 1/4 inch seams.

This is my first month as host, so don't hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions. This is YOUR lotto!

I'll add a general post soon with blocks/themes for the next few months.

Kate

Comments (108)