SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kswartwout_gw

Can a newborn mommy handle DIY remodeling?

kswartwout
11 years ago

Please help me out with your opinion!

I'm due with my first baby in 3 weeks. My husband and I are under contract on a beautiful older home that needs some remodeling. He works a lot and has no interest in helping with projects. I'm pretty handy, having done some trim work, a lot of painting, and some tile work in the past. The house needs painting throughout the inside, new bathrooms, and painting of kitchen cabinets. I'd love to build some sweat equity, but my question is, as a stay at home mom of 1 newborn, do you think I will have time to work on these projects over the next year? We will be moving in when the baby is about 2 months old. Will all of my time be spent while he's sleeping just cleaning up, laundry, and survival? I just don't know what to expect! I want to have a realistic budget and expectations in case I'm not able to do the work myself.

Please tell me about your experience with balancing being a parent with home remodeling and/or work. Do you think a stay at home mom to a newborn has time to tackle home improvement on her own or not? I won't have a nanny or any family nearby.

Thanks!!!

Comments (18)