SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

Backsplash Brainstorm

a2gemini
12 years ago

I am t-3 weeks until our counter top is installed.

I keep staring at backsplash tile and keep gagging. I also don't want to make the mistake the CK did (she hates hers and our colors are similar)

So, I started to think about a remodel I saw in the spring that used back painted glass. My first foray into this put way out of price range - so looking at less expansive options.

There are a couple of older GW threads - so wanted to know if anyone has used this recently. Also, what if I have a local glass store cut glass and use the special paint on the back (large subway or squares, so minimal grout)

There are a couple companies that make full template glass (very expensive) - Here is one that looks more reasonable - but probably missing something

http://www.backpaintedglass.com/

What are your thoughts on my idea? Thanks!!!

Early preview our our new kitchen. We will need 45-50 square feet of backsplash. Note the countertop, sink, faucet, appliances have not been installed yet. Also no pulls and the doors have not been aligned and the moulding has not been done yet. (But making progress!!!)

Cabinets are really all the same color - just love iPhoto but not the best for true color. Brookhaven Autumn Cherry with a black glaze.

Countertop is Cambria Buckingham.

{{!gwi}}

Wall color will be Benjamin Moore AF380 Coastal Path - you can see little bits of it next to a few of the cabinets.

I was thinking of using the other color I considered under the glass - but might be too dark. BM AF 355 Etruscan

The lighter color is Coastal Path and the darker color is etruscan

Thanks again - hope you like my early preview..

PS - The microwave goes away - but the GC put in back so we can use our kitchen until the appliances are installed. We had all appliances until this week and now are down to just the microwave (but I have a countertop oven and an induction cooktop to use in the dining room)

Comments (19)