SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Need kd opinions

Holly- Kay
11 years ago

Kitchen designers please give me your opinion on this situation:
I told my kitchen designer I wanted the mw to be an OTR model because we have that set up in another home of ours and it seems to be ok though I always wondered why the microwave was so greasy when we bought from a very clean PO. Our KD didn't make any comment at all about it not necessarily being a good idea. When I posted about the OTRMW here thankfully many of you told me about the bad points of doing this. When I went appliance shopping at the distributor I asked my salesman his opinion and he said that they are basically worthless as a vented hood and it would wear out quicker than a counter model because of heat below it. I called my kd the next day and told him how concerned I was about this and I felt I was making a mistake to not have a hood. He pretty much blew me off and said that using the mw fan wasn't going to be an issue. I should have persisted but didn't. I called him last week and he didn't answer so I left a vm asking him to call because I still had some concerns about venting. I made the call on Monday and he hasn't replied yet so I left another vm on Saturday. I have found vent hoods that are basically the same dimensions as the MW.My question is, am I being unreasonable in asking to make this change? We never discussed what to do regarding changes and I know if I make a change I need to pay for it, that is not an issue as I just want this reno to be done correctly. Do your clients ask to change things? I would think that as long as I am willing to pay any extra expense making a change shouldn't be that much of an issue or is there something, as a consumer, that I just don't get?

Comments (8)