SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
househunter2421

Pls help! Need advice on how to terminate KD

Honu3421
10 years ago

Well, we have decided to terminate our KD. I started with a company that changed hands and the new person seems to be floundering. So I went out to a custom cabinet shop and within one hour picked out my door style, selected the wood, and resolved two design problems that I didn't even realize existed. I signed a design contract with the first company, paid a design fee, but did not sign a cabinetry contract. I am willing to forfeit the design fee.

HOWEVER, (sorry for screaming, but I want to be clear) the KD did not do any design work. I did the layout on graph paper, my architect fit the design into the plans and that is what we have been working with for pricing. KD and I tweaked sizes by inches and that's about it. I am afraid if I give a reason, the KD may to try to accommodate me in order to avoid losing a sale. But I just want out. Just so you understand, there are other issues that I am not covering in this post, mostly related to wood selection. I prefer not bring that into the discussion with KD.

So, does anyone have words I can use or advice for me on the best way to terminate this arrangement?

To anyone who responds: thank you so much for taking the time. I am really in the dumps and feel pretty bad about the whole situation.

Comments (10)