SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

'New' porch and flower bed - just about complete!

User
14 years ago

With the help of my inlaws, DH has been busy since the weekend extending and replanting our front flower bed that was wiped out when our neighbor's old oak tree fell a couple of weeks ago. That fallen tree turned out to be quite a blessing in disguise! I love the look of the new bed, and I have hydrangeas now! Hooray! We still need to fill in with sod in some of the grassy areas that are sparse, and we're also going to add Mexican feather grass here and there in the bed when the nursery gets it back in stock. I haven't yet spray-painted my Craig's List planter (it's been too darn windy!), but do have the paint and hopefully can get that done this weekend. (Glossy lime green!) I also still intend to do my "art project" - painting a large canvas for the wall to the left of the yellow chairs on the porch. I'm thinking I'll copy a design from a piece of Mexican Talavera pottery that I have, and hopefully I'll get around to that little project very soon as well. I love the "Mad Mat" on the floor, and think it just makes the porch!

Anyway ... I'm so pleased with these changes at my house, and just wanted to share them here. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Before & After Pics Here!

Comments (54)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert