SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scorpiohorizon

A new house and a new flower bed want your input

scorpiohorizon
15 years ago

We moved to a new city last summer and I am using this summer to "make the yard mine." The past couple of days I have dug up the yard and created this bed:

{{gwi:38557}}

This is design on a budget. I got all of the rocks and stones from neighbors and craigslist. I also obtained quite a few freebees from other gardeners and want to move some things from the back to the front yard.

What I have not decided yet is how to arrange the new plantings! I have some ideas, but will withhold them for now because I'd like to hear your ideas.

Here is what I have to plant that could go in this bed. I'd appreciate arrangement input!

Gaura Crimson Butterflies (2 clumps)

Russian Sage (2 clumps)

Balloon Flower (one clump)

A Rainbow Knock-Out that is too shaded in the back yeard

Shasta Daisy (2 clumps)

Purple Coneflower (quite a few of them)

Delphinuim--one lonely plant :)

Several Tall and Dwarf Bearded Iris rhizomes

Butterfly bush (but do I really want it in front of my porch steps?)

Peonies (2 clumps)

Oriental Lilies (need moved to sunnier location)

A lavender plant the lady across the street gave me as a "flowerbed warming gift" :)

A Cistena Plum tree baby

Boatloads of tulip and daff bulbs that I dug up because they were planted in horrible looking rows

This yard faces west and is very sunny. I am almost literally on Lake Erie just west of Cleveland, so we stay a bit warmer in the winter than you'd think, but the winds can gust up pretty badly any time of year (one night I had to take an anxiety pill to get to sleep because my 100-year-old house was actually shaking from the wind!)

I look forward to hearing your ideas! Thanks!

Jennifer

Comments (11)