SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaiken_gw

Here we go....

shaiken
17 years ago

Hello!

I haven't been lurking as long as many others, but I've learned a lot in a few weeks! Almost enough to make me change my mind about this whole remodeling plan -- but not quite.

We are planning a two-story addition including a total kitchen remodel in Northern Westchester, NY. We have fired two architects and have now found a designer who we're hoping can get us to our final design plan, as well as a GC who is an old friend and the most honest and professional person we know -- we are thrilled to have him in our court.

We are trying to get focused on materials and all of the little decisions we'll be needing to make along the way. Our GC was telling us about "schedules" which are sort of spreadsheets that outline all of the materials to be used in each phase of the construction. He said it's helpful to even have a blank master schedule so we can get a handle on exactly what blanks need to be filled in.

So, my first of what will surely be many questions is, does anyone know where I can find a template of such a schedule (or schedules)on-line, or have any tips on how to create one?

I know the design person should be on top of this, but I want to make sure I know what I need to know too, if you know what I mean.

I'm fastening my seat belt in anticipation of a bumpy ride, and am thrilled to have all of you to lean on when the going gets rough!

Thanks in advance,

Sue

Comments (13)