SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

DGS's First 'Graduation'

chisue
13 years ago

Picture 15 five-year-olds wearing mortar boards and oversized neon sunglasses, rapping out nursery rhyme lyrics to the tune from "YMCA"! Yesterday moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas, attended a graduation ceremony including skits and a chorus as these fresh little ones completed Pre-K. Diplomas! Cake! Punch! Balloons! As each child came up to receive a diploma, the teacher asked what he or she wanted to be as a grown-up. (Fortunately for his status in Grandpa's will, DGS altered his answer from, "A White Sox baseball player," to "A dog doctor.")

One of the teachers put together a 10-minute DVD of pictures taken throughout the school year. (Kleenex, anyone?) Watching this, I thought I could see 'the woman to be' in the faces of the girls, but the boys? Nah! Just who they are today -- all action!

DGS will start Kindergarten in the fall along with the other two Musketeers. (Watch out, unsuspecting K-teacher: Live wires, incoming!) No word on whether DGS's current 'intended', Shealin, will go there too. LOL

A teacher confided the following overheard conversation:

He: I'm going to marry you.

She: OK, but you have to give me a ring.

He: Sure! My mom has lots of rings.

(I *wondered* why DGS hugged me yesterday after the big ceremony, then turned my left hand over for a quick peek at my diamond.)

Comments (3)