SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

First guild meeting...

11 years ago

I didn't think I was going to be able to make it, but I was able to leave work early tonight and make it to the guild meeting, leaving straight from work. I got there about 5 minutes late, which is a miracle considering the traffic. There were a lot more people there than I expected. They voted for new officers, which I did not participate in because I didn't know any of them. Then they had show and tell. After that, a guest speaker got up and showed us slides of quilts she'd made... the web site said that it was supposed to be a lecture about color, but the speaker didn't stick very closely to that theme. She seemed to be giving everyone permission to do wacky things with their quilts, rather than talking about color. She had some quilts where she used things like candy wrappers, the net from a bag of oranges, and magazine clippings. They were pretty interesting.

They spoke a bit about the upcoming quilt show as well... I didn't know anyone there, but everyone seemed friendly enough. The mini-quilts they showed were simply amazing, everything was so accurate!

I'm not sure if I'll go back, but I may if I'm able to and a topic looks interesting enough. However, I've learned that the descriptions on the web site aren't accurate, so I can't go by those :o) At least I can finally say that I've been to a guild meeting!

Comments (6)