SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

opinions on several potential CL purchases please

susanwrites
13 years ago

I'd love some opinions on some CL purchases I'm considering.

First up is this lovely hall table. It looks to be in excellent condition. Cost is $149 and she won't budge because she will be driving it up to me. I love everything about it:

{{!gwi}}

but here's where I might have a problem. Here's where it would go. The new table would stick out, at it's wides spot, 3" more than what's there now. I moved the rug over to see what it would look like and the rug would be way offcenter if I used the table.

Keep or pass on the hall table?

Next up is this mirror which is to the right of that funky little broom closet you might know from another thread. People go by here all the time to get to the bathroom. It's viewable going by the dining and kitchen area. No frame on the mirror so rather boring.

These two mirrors are both priced about the same and about the same width/length (55" long.) Both wood. The antique one I'd leave as is but the other one with the crisscross stuff I think I'd paint, maybe red.

{{!gwi}}

Replace the mirror, yes? But would one of these two make a good replacement?

You might recognize this chest from the thread where I asked about Restore-a-finish and got such great info. I'm still pondering the chest. The price has dropped to $125 and the guy will deliver (a plus for me.)

{{!gwi}}

Here's where I would put it in the library. It would just fit with maybe an inch on either side. Not sure if the wood would work that color or if I would have to go darker or maybe paint it. Not sure if the hardware would work in the room or if it should be replaced.

Here's a mockup of it in place which makes me think the color might not work as it is.

Get the chest? What to do about color and hardware?

Here's another chest that I just love. I wanted it for the place I just mentioned for the other chest but it is wider and would stick out a couple of inches.

{{!gwi}}

But I was thinking I could put it here and then put a chair in front of the french door with a lamp on the chest, etc.

Get this chest too? Too many chests in the library? Can you have too many chests? ;)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (12)