January Off Kilter Quilters bday blocks

16 years ago

Caroline,

got your bday block today :) Thank you.

Cheryl

Comments (44)

• 16 years ago

Caroline,

Your birthday block arrived in yesterday's mail. Thanks!

Dianne

• 16 years ago

Ankie,

Rec'd your block today! Wow, mail from the Netherlands :). I'm putting it with my birthday gifts, to be opened after Christmas...if I can wait that long :)

Thanks, Cheryl

• Related Discussions

off- kilter quilters bday block update

Q

Comments (1)
    Jen, please don't add worrying about this to your stress. Whenever you feel up to it is fine. I hope you feel better real soon. (not just because I want my block...;)) Take Care Faye
    ...See More

Off kilter March blocks - pics

Q

Comments (18)
    Faye,WOW,Those blocks are great!!I have your block finished.I`ll mail it tomorrow.I`m sorry it`s late.I joined the group after your b-day but I don`t want you to be short 1 block.I`m new at quilting,I hope you can use it with these other wonderful blocks. Robin
    ...See More

2013 - January 3rd - polardream - Quilters Dozen

Q

Comments (23)
    We came back to Colorado a little early - got in last night about 9pm. Went through the mail today and decided to open the goodies I have received. They are all great! So far I have received from: Valarie (Little Hen) Darlene (chickie1) Jeanne (sandlapper rose) Beverly P (grammyp) Dan (the mailman) Jackie (jackier123) - SURPRISED ME WITH 2 BLOCKS! Thank you. and Kay (quiltingfarmlady) - 2 blocks Thank you! This is a fun pattern and I am anxious to put it all together. I have some other blocks from another exchange - or maybe it was a lotto - that I am going to combine with it. Will post pictures later! Thank you again. Sue
    ...See More

2016 January Block Lotto

Q

Comments (41)
    It just struck me as I looked at the photo that the various colors form hearts - duh! How neat and I wouldn't have noticed it until it was all put together. The reddish colored ones caught my eye. So pretty!
    ...See More
  • 16 years ago

This is great! Judy, your block arrived today. It's in my birthday gift stash, to open after Christmas...Thank you!

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Jenny,
    your block has arrived--thanks! I'm getting tempted to open these early...
    Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Bill, your block arrived today--thank you :) I'm trying to wait until my birthday to open these, but they're so tempting!

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Blocks 6 and 7 arrived today:

Mrseldo and Dian57. Thank you!! I can't wait to see all these :)

Cheryl
    ps: diane, wow, your envelope is so cool!

• 16 years ago

Cheryl,

Your block went in the mail on Friday but I know it won't be there in time, I'm sorry. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

Faye

• 16 years ago

Same here - took it to the PO on Friday...
    Anjea

• 16 years ago

Rec'd Anjea's and Anne Heidi's today. Thank you, and Happy New Year!

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Cheryl/Coalaska -

Your block is in the mail! Happy Birthday!!!

Judy in Massachusetts

• 16 years ago

yay! can't wait. Only a few to go, and tomorrow I'll open everything :):)

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Happy Birthday, Cheryl!
    From all of us here at the Quilting Forum

• 16 years ago

Diane, just a few more days....

Enjoy the day everyone...it's a very cold minus 24 Celcius here...that's about -11F I believe.....

CHILLY!!!!!!!

Bill/Montreal

• 16 years ago

Thank you Diane!

Everyone: I've opened your WONDERFUL blocks! Thank you! This will make such a beautiful quilt! I will post more and probably pics tomorrow.

My 7-yr-old made his first quilt today! We didn't plan to do it, but it really made my day:)

• 16 years ago

Judy, got your block today--thank you! Just wait until you all see these blocks! I'll try to post a pic tomorrow of what I've received (10 out of 12; not bad for my just-after-the-holidays birthday :):))

This is my sweet ds and his first quilt. He's so proud that he started another the next day!
    {{!gwi}}

• 16 years ago

Diane, your block goes in the mail today.

Cheryl, I hope yours gets there soon :(

Faye

• 16 years ago

Cheryl,
    It's so exciting to see you encouraging your son at such an early age to quilt...as one of the few guys on here - you may not realize the important skills that you are passing on to your son at this time - but as a young boy his age, I would spend hours at my grandparents after school, weekend, enthralled by my grandmothers sewing...she took the the time to ge me scraps, teach me little techniques, and it stayed with me forever - I've spend the last 15 years or so making home decor accessories, drapes and such for my own client base...I've done hundreds of expositions where I sold my own creations; and I now work in an interior decorating showroom - where my knowledge of fabric and sewing has really helped me in my job here....and the love continues - and now I've turned the page to my love of quilting...so here goes..
    I was inspired by your messages and the photos of your son with his quilt...it's a wonderful creation....and I am so glad that you are so proud - you have every reason to be...
    Have a great day!!!!!!
    Bill

• 16 years ago

Thanks, Bill :)

Fay--got your block today--thank you. I'm so thrilled with these blocks. Only one more to go (great job, everyone), and I will post a pic. I've already sewn most of them together, and it's unbelievable how well they blend. It's hard to tell where one block ends and the next begins :)

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

I'm running a little beghind to get them on time. I have the fabric and had planned on working on them tonite-but hubby changed those plans. I hope to have done and out early next week at the latest!

Sorry and belated Happy Birthday!

• 16 years ago

Thank you, and glad to hear from you, Macbeaner. No problem, I know how it goes :)

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Yah. Glad it finally got there.

Faye

• 16 years ago

Dianne- I mailed your block this morning. I had a blast with your block, of course I had to wath the Wizard of Oz again before making your block, since it had been years since I saw it.. (It's not a very "big" movie in Norway- unfortunately) My kids watched it with me and loved it! So thank you for reminding us about a lovely movie!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Anne Heidi in Norway.

• 16 years ago

Anne Heidi--I'll be watching my mailbox for your package. I've never gotten anything from Norway!

Dianne

• 16 years ago

Diane, I have struggled with your block and since I dont applique I was depending on the theme in the fabric..Well another stop in the plans since the Oz fabric isnt being shipped right away..I ordered red slipper fabric from a company who said it would be shipped by Dec 15th and after writing to the company she told me that they hadnt recieved it yet...Im really sorry and I will try and find something to make for you...Judy

• 16 years ago

Judy you could make a 4 six 1/2 inch rail fence blocks and put them together alternatingly to make a 12 1/2 unfinished block. If you used shades of yellow gold it would represent the yellow brick road. Just a thought since you don't appique.

Amy

• 16 years ago

Judy, please don't stress over the quilt block. Amy has a great idea. I won't be doing anything with the blocks for quite a while, so don't worry about getting it here on time or even this season!

Dianne

• 16 years ago

Diane, I sent your block out on Monday. I really hope it will work for you. In case it doesn't, I sent enough material for you to do another block.
    I also appreciated your info on creating the blocks.

Have a happy birthday, Jenny

• 16 years ago

Macbeaner, got your block today, thanks!

All are in for my birthday, so I'll be posting a pic soon. Thank you to all.

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Diane, I'll be sending yours tomorrow (1/19). I've had it made for over a month, but it's been crazy and I haven't been able to make it to the post office!
    Anjea

• 16 years ago

Oh, boy! Yesterday was like Christmas at my mailbox.
    I got FOUR blocks all at once. They were from Lappemor,
    faytay, macbeaer and rivgdn.

Tomorrow's the big day and grand unveiling.

Thanks!
    Dianne

• 16 years ago

Diane,

I can't find your block - did I send it already? I went to get it to take it to the post office and it's not in my box! It's a red/yellow Snail's Trail (the Yellow Brick Road in the original movie). I have a plastic square bin where I keep blocks in progress. I may have sent it early but now I can't remember? Could you check and see if it's there? If not, I'll make another one ASAP (going to some LQSs today so I'll even get more FQs for it) and get it in the mail Monday.

Please let me know! Now I'm worried and kicking myself. :(

• 16 years ago

Diane, Happy Birthday tomorrow!

And apologies: I've been sick since Jan 5, so your block will be late. I have the pattern and the fabrics ready, but haven't felt well enough to be sewing. You probably don't want germs, anyway :)

Happy Birthday, and I'll get it to you as soon as I can

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Anjea--yours was one of the first to arrive.

I opened all the envelopes today and HOLY SMOKES! You guys are incredibly creative! Can't wait till they're all here and I can post a picture. You won't believe the cool ideas people came up with on the theme.

I love them all and each one was more perfect than the last. Thank you, thank you all so very much!

Dianne

• 16 years ago

Whew! I was getting worried! Glad it made it.
    Anjea

• 16 years ago

Yay! Pictures!

I'm so thrilled with your blocks! They are all so beautiful, and such great fabrics. I also enjoyed the wonderful, cute cards; bookmark from Caroline; postcards from Norway(!). I plan to make more blocks, to make a bigger quilt top.

{{!gwi}}
    Top row: Anjea, lockeb, caroline1947
    2nd row: judy333, juttz, mseldoo
    3rd row: lappemor, dian57, freekie
    Bottom row: MacBeaner, faytay, me

{{!gwi}}
    This is how I used the extra "tips" from caroline1947 and Jennyrae.
    Again, thank you, thank you!

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

That looks so neat, Cheryl! Great choice for blocks/colors...you'll have a beautiful quilt!

• 16 years ago

Anjea,
    I just wanted to let you know that I just put your block out for tomorrow's mail.....I should arrive in time for your birthday..even if it's coming from Canada...
    Take care,
    Bill

• 16 years ago

EEEK! I'm being way too picky on my Wizard of Oz block and now it's late getting out in the mail! It IS being mailed out early this week. Keep your eyes out for this tardy block. Blame report cards for the lateness. Sorry to keep you waiting...sob...

• 16 years ago

Thanks, Anjea, I REALLY like it, too.

Diane, your very late bday block is on its way tomorrow. After Anjea posted that she'd sent you a yellow/red snail's trail, I couldn't make one, too (that's what I had planned). So, I did something different, and really hope you like it. Can't wait to see pictures!

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Diane, did you get my block? I'm excited to see pictures of your Wizard of Oz blocks--what a great idea for a theme.

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

Cheryl, your block arrived today and it is so original! One I never even thought of! Can't wait till they're all here and I can post a picture.
    I can't believe how creative and talented the members of this birthday swap are!

Dianne

• 16 years ago

yay! I'm so glad it's there :)

• 16 years ago

Dianne,
    I wonder if my block ever reached you. I did sent it early in January. I might have missed a message.
    Can´t wait to see pictures
    Ankie

• 16 years ago

Ankie--I posted all the block pictures on the January birthday post. I LOVE how imaginative you are! Thank you so much.

Anjea--I made you another log cabin block today and will give the post office one more chance to deliver to you. It's snowing here and a perfect day to do some sewing.

Dianne