SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Back from Pigeon Forge

Kathsgrdn
15 years ago

That was a l-o-n-g trip down there and back! We mostly shopped, bought Alex some Sketchers that I looked and looked for around here and couldn't find. I bought two pair and got them at a great price at the Outlet mall. Got Lauren a few clothes, and I bought a shirt and tank top at Lane Bryant.

We also went to a mystery dinner theater. The theme was American Idol and was pretty cheesy but fun. We ate out alot too. We ate at the Apple Barn and it was so good, love those apple fritters. Lots of food at a good price. We first went to the Old Mill but decided it was way overpriced, $16.00 for a plate of chicken 'n dumplings!

We stayed in a cabin that was really cute, but I found a scorpion in my bathroom! We later found some information in the cabin booklet about scorpions. I didn't even know Tennessee had scorpions. Neither one of us could sleep after that. I had to sleep with the cover off my bed so all I had was white sheets (better to see any black scorpions), and the lamp by my bed on so I could watch the knots in the pine wood walls and ceiling to make sure none of them were moving. My friend said she did the same thing downstairs! LOL!

We also found cockroaches in the kitchen, which we decided to call "water bugs". And the water had a sulfur smell to it.

Now my kids want to go back but I don't know if I want to spend that much money or drive way back down there. I probably wouldn't stay in a cabin again, if we went back. The hotels are dirt cheap down there.

We didn't do much site seeing because my friend just wanted to shop.

Comments (14)