SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenwebber

Picking a DR color part III

gardenwebber
15 years ago

Hi all! I was here not too long ago with my dilemma of trying to find the right "green" and "plum" and "gold" to paint my kitchen, DR and foyer, respectively.

I have decided (with a lot of help from you all) that plum is simply out for the DR. I can't find the right one that will work with green and gold flanking it in adjacent rooms, and I think I am just trying to fit too many colors into my space.

So... my favorite color is Baby Turtle for the kitchen, and as long as no one has reason to cause me to think that is a poor choice for my kitchen (white appliances, maple cabs, butterum granite formica tops) then I see 3 options for myself:

1. Baby Turtle (light slightly tan/sage green) in kitchen and darker green in DR and gold in foyer

2. Baby Turtle in kitchen, darker gold in DR and lighter gold in foyer

3. Baby Turtle in kitchen, lighter gold in DR, and darker gold in foyer

4. Baby Turtle in kitchen, even lighter green (Flowering Herbs?) in DR, gold in foyer.

Any suggestions of specific gold colors would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at the SW blonde strip wondering if blonde in the foyer and mannered gold in the DR might work? Or perhaps ivorie in the foyer and restrained gold in the DR?

We will be having a dark wood floor throughout the space, and I have dark cherry dining furniture/china cabinet.

(I also posted this in the kitchen forums, so I apologize if this is redundant for anyone)

Comments (5)