SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

WAH! kitchen's not done and already things are breaking!

melissastar
13 years ago

So, tonight I get home from work to my still unfinished kitchen and find that a critical, but silly, little bit of plastic has broken in my refrigerator. Now the top/front of the meat/deli drawer won't close. It's one of those stupid little bits that can't be easily replaced because it's part of a much larger piece of plastic which would require dismantling the refrigerator, and probably can't be acquired anyway. Yes, I can probably duct tape the thing, but really, the fridge is less than a year old (just about the amount of time this reno has been going on...)

I think one of the worst things about this nightmare kitchen reno is that it has dragged on so long that I never really am gonna have that "ah" moment of moving in to a beautiful new kitchen. My soapstone counters have been in for 5 months. They already have plenty of "patina". My new Capital range has already got a good start on a crud build-up, despite all efforts to keep it pristeen. The limestone floor has multiple permanent spots and etches from the blueberries my son consistently spills on the floor (and doesn't "see" to pick them up) when making smoothies. I fear that by the time all the cabinets are actually finished and installed and all my food and kitchen gadgets are put away, the kitchen won't even faintly resemble a new one.

Sigh.

Comments (8)