SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

Vacation quilt shops

nanajayne
16 years ago

We just returned from a trip to New England and I had fun visiting some of my old haunts. The first stop was in Gloverville, NY. at 'Gloversville Sewing Center'. They were having their September sale!! Then we had to stop in Keene, NH. at the 'New England Fabrics'. I was reluctant to go there because it wasn't great the last time but IT has improved, I even found a new stitch in the ditch foot for my Janome that I had been wanting. Then--it was on to Oqunquit, Me.. We spent 4 days there and ofcourse I couldn't miss going the 'Knights'. It is hard to find as it is tucked back aways but worth it. I discovered them last year when we were there. THEN the best of all!! On our way back west we went to KEEPSAKE QUILTING in Central Harbor, NH. That place is like dying and going to heaven. I think they relocated into a different part of the plaza as they weren't as I remember them but if anything they are bigger and better. I was in awe at the amount of selections. It is a good thing that I live a distance away or I would be in the poorhouse. My husband is so good about my addition. My bible is the 'Quilters Travel Guide'. I keep it in the car everyplace we go.

Well, I am back now so have to use some of that delious fabric that I said I wouldn't buy. Jayne

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths