SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jicaza42

Beware Austin Plumbing Supply

17 years ago

If youÂre planning on buying bathroom fixtures and supplies in the Central Texas area BEWARE AUSTIN PLUMBING SUPPLY! We made the huge mistake of ordering several fixtures, a tub, and other accessories totaling over $7000 for our bathroom remodel from this place. It took nearly three months to get the items we ordered even though we were told to expect around six weeks. It was practically impossible to get a firm delivery date on many of the items that they supposedly sell, so we had to keep postponing our project.

The sales people have very little knowledge of the products they sell because they sold us the tub with an option that was not available from the manufacturer. They ended up charging us for it anyway and refused to refund it until they got all the back-ordered items we ordered in stock. This was nearly three months later and only after we had to file a report with the BBB and my credit card company!

Resolving concerns with the owner is a futile exercise as not only will he not listen to your concerns but he will fight you every step of the way with insults, threats, and lies, even if you are a repeat customer, which we were. After a lot of hassles, I was able to cancel a few of the back ordered items and ended up buying them from Ira Wood & Sons, Inc. Unlike APB, Ira Wood customer service was very friendly and we got the items in two days at a lower price. I highly recommend them. IÂll never buy anything else from Austin Plumbing Supply and I recommend you donÂt either. As you can tell from their Better Business Bureau report http://www.centraltx.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=43674 , IÂm not the only one that has had issues with this store.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals