SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micheller_gw

Boy's theater bedroom ideas needed...

micheller
14 years ago

Hello, it's been a long time since I've been around here, but I need some help and I know everyone here has the best ideas! We are currently building a bedroom and bathroom for my disabled adult brother. He will be moving in with us when it's completed. He is a big movie buff, and has his current room painted a dark blue, with movie posters all around. We have a shoestring budget right now, with all the addition costs, but I really would like to work up a plan in my mind for what the room will end up looking like. He's a really, really great guy and I would like to give him a room that's cool and fun.

We are installing the same brazilian cherry laminate flooring that we have in the rest of the house. I was thinking of painting the walls a latte/brown color, with creamy white moldings. I want to eventually do some velvety red drapes on either side of his tv, in a theater theme. What ideas would you have for the ceiling? Maybe a midnight blue to add some drama? I love the LED starry lights they have, but those are too spendy. But I like the idea. I'm also going to search for some neat classic movie posters, like Bogart and Hepburn, with black frames.

So, I know this is a lot of random ideas with no pictures, but I was hoping you might have some color ideas, or theater room ideas. I'm excited about doing this for him, and I'm trying to build an inspiration picture folder to look back on in the next few weeks as we finalize things. I really appreciate any ideas or pics you might have!

Michelle

Comments (10)